Saturday, May 30, 2009

Buckwheats & Berries

The season is early and already we're seeing some great buys on fruit here locally. Yesterday I bought a pint of strawberries and blueberries at a great price, even though we still have a golden pineapple sitting on the counter from last week's trip the store.

This morning I made buckwheat pancakes for breakfast. As a topping I cut up some strawberries and added some of the blueberries to a mixture of sugar, water and maple syrup, which I heated up on the stove. Buckwheats can sometimes be heavy but I thought the combination of sugar, water and syrup was just right. Now that I think about it, some whipped cream on top would have been just right and very comparible to I-Hop. Oh Well!

2 comments:

  1. Now that is a good breakfast to send someone on their day with... Share the recipe, it looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm! Wish I could have been there.

    ReplyDelete