Thursday, April 16, 2009

Buds & Snow

She wasn't yet complete!

Ol' Mother Nature had another thought last night as today we awoke to 9-inches of snow in the yard. The plum tree was really bending under the weight of snow. But still no sign of Mr. Bee (see earlier post.) which I will still classify as good.


Neighbor Dave was out with his plow pushing snow to the side up and down the street. I got in the act by following my immigrant neighbor's earlier lead and used the snow blower so Sparky could pull out of the driveway make it to the office. Who would think that on April 16th I'd be blowing snow. But I guess it was my own undoing since last Saturday I had awaken the neighbors as I ran the gas out of the blower in preparation for next winter. Good thing I hadn't dumped the remain gas out.

In the back yard the Robins were lining up on the snow-covered branches to get in the bird bath. "Rob" has this daily ritual thing, but snow around the rim made a splash difficult (not to mention the bath heater power was out again leaving slush in the bowl; someday I'll . . . ).


It's a cruel trick Mother Nature plays on the plants when she entices them to awake and shrug off ol' Man Winter, show their budding flowers and leaves, and then she dumps snow on them. But they generally seem to shrug it off year after year, ignore her game and get ready for a re-birth with spreading leaves.

Still, it was a funny morning to awaken in mid-April to both Buds & Snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment