Sunday, October 17, 2010

Borrowed Time; Where's the Rain

We're living on borrowed time.

It's mid-October and still the weather is warm. (Last night, again, we had the house windows open and it didn't get unbearably cold in the house.) The high today was about 70 degrees, and walking home from church was very pleasant even as threatening clouds were warning of a change later.

I suggested to Sparky that we go for a small bike ride around about, but she wisely said, "it's going to get cold here soon." So I went out in the backyard, threw some bird seed down and shot this picture.

Unfortunately the sky is lighter than it really was and you can't see the clouds coming. the trees are turning color as mother nature struts her stuff.

I wiped off a couple of chairs and talked her into coming outside and enjoy the silence. She brought out some crackers, and we just sat soaking what warmth there was before the clouds arrived. Later it would sprinkle.

It was deathly quiet; no car noise, not even traffic on Center street; lawnmowers were silent; no kids were playing outside; nor birds chirping. It was very, very quiet. Peace in a hectic world And even though we sat directly under the wind chimes, they didn't strike once during the 20 minutes we sat there -- very pleasant!

Tomorrow it's supposed to rain, which, unfortunately, is as it should. We need the moisture -- if nothing else, to fill the hot tub -- my major weakness as I grow older. (I literally have to force myself out of it. I fear I could soak for hours if possible.)

Tomorrow also starts a new week, bringing with it life's experiences, opportunities and challenges.

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't stop smiling when I noticed you blogged. Loved your thoughts and think we all need to enjoy these times of silence more often. Welcome back to the blogging world friend :)

    ReplyDelete