Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Broccoli Soup

We're on a roll; the fag's in the kitchen again. And my fourth posting in less than two weeks? I'm a posting addict!

With Sparky on high-marathon days at work, I have taken some extra time in the kitchen. So last night it was Broccoli-cheese soup.




I've been holding some ingredients in the fridge for a while hoping that they didn't go bad before I took the time to make this soup. I've had the recipe for about a year; I don't remember where I got it from. It was alright; probably not my favorite. A little more work with less quantity of food. I'm also not a fan of Sharp cheddar cheese called for in the recipe. It's also cream based so Sparky will probably not be eating it. :(



One of my favorite things about cooking is using my stove. (Yes, it's mine! When we remodeled a few years ago, Sparky got the oven and fridge, and I got my gas stove.) It has so much heat control. When this recipe called for simmering the roux for 20 minutes I turned the stove to simmer and there it held the temperature just below a boil. (It's also handy keeping dishes hot but not burning waiting for Sparky.)

I guess I'm supposed to post the recipe here, but I can't find it on my hard drive, and I don't feel like re-typing it. So, too bad, so sad.

1 comment:

  1. I if the recipe is so so... it really is ok not to pass along :) Try more and when they are good, send them our way. You are becoming a regular blogger my friend... keep it up!

    ReplyDelete