Wednesday, November 25, 2009

German Pancakes

When I was a young boy and every other blue moon my family would go down to the local Pancake House for breakfast. I always ordered German pancakes. The waitress would bring out this pancake that was shaped like a thin bowl and place it before me; then she would take two forks and fold in the sides making it flat for me to eat. It was fun and tasted great. I was always amazed at how they made the shape.

So the other morning we had one at home. The batter was a little too much for the skillet, but as I pulled it out of the oven the sides had curled up, reminding me of my childhood experience. Served with powdered sugar and syrup it was great.

1 comment:

  1. I don't think I've ever had German pancakes! And did you know that it's against the "Law of Blog" to show a picture without the recipe??? I'd like to try them, so are you willing to share?

    ReplyDelete