Saturday, February 14, 2009

A Danish Valentine?

I'm not sure if the Danes celebrate it or not, but in celebration of Valentines Day, I got up and made Sparky Danish pancakes, called Ebelskivers. W-S had been promoting a new ebelskiver pan they recently introduced, and since we had a cast iron version from way back then, I decided it would make the best early morning treat for my lover. (Although I admit it took me a few minutes to locate the pan in the back of the cupboard, and then I had to wash off the accumulated dust.) With it snowing outside and while Sparky slept on this cold Saturday morning, it was a fun diversion from the usual hot oatmeal.


Yesterday, I had found a recipe on the Internet for blueberry-filled ebelskivers and since I had some blueberries in the fridge it was only a natural. However, halfway through the process I ran out and had to substitute strawberry jam, which worked out just as good. In the end I even made some plain ones. Nice and chewy, they were a fun Valentines treat. And I even got a kiss from Sparky for my efforts. Woe!!

2 comments:

  1. those look really good...you will have to share your recipe...happy valentines day you two!
    -ash

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am totally jealous! How come you didn't ship some up to me?

    ReplyDelete