Saturday, February 21, 2009

Mustard & Brown Sugar Salmon

I went to Arby's today, bought one of their Market sandwiches and felt guilty for spending the 5 whole dollars. Things are tight right now and something just didn't seem right to "splurge" on a $5 lunch. I'm probably being too tight.
So tonight I made Sparky Mustard & Brown Sugar-Rubbed Salmon. It was pretty good, but not my favorite. Because the dish called for it to be cooked in a frying pan with olive oil, I cooked it outside on the grill. (Sure do love that side burner.)


Sparky read another article this week touting the benefits of Omega-3 oils and when I said salmon was on sale at the grocery store, you could see her mouth start to water. She suggested we have salmon 4 times this week. (I doubt it.)

I stopped by Sunflower Market for some grapefruit on sale and they also had a good price on spinach (another Sparky favorite) and so we had steamed spinach along with fried rice I made with some leftover rice.

Not a bad meal.

I wonder if Sparky would like a salmon sandwich for lunch today?

3 comments: